Friday, December 31, 2010

Gimme back my holiday!

In my last post, I mentioned that I hate working when everybody else isn't. So, today, that's exactly what I get. Najib declared today a public holiday because Malaysia won in a soccer game against Indonesia last night. Congratulations! Despite all the swearing my Dad threw at the TV screen last night, you guys still won. #malaysiaboleh.

Being in the finance/accounts department has one shitty disadvantage. When year end's getting nearer, your working hour will be longer and longer. Because you'll have to do what they call 'closing', which I think is not 'closing' at all. All I remember doing was 'opening' last months' files to search for missing invoices, figures and all that jazz. I don't know if that's a normal occurrence, those missing documents, or are they all shitty accountants? HAHA.

So, today, I had to go to the office to do the 'closing'. My boss told me that I can claim for the overtime but hell, I don't wantcho moneyh, I want my holideyh dammit! Haha. I came at 10 a.m. and got back home at 4 p.m. I intended to stay up until 12.00 p.m. but shit didn't happen. Do you wanna know why? I don't care if you don't want to I'll tell you anyway. Because I spent most of my time waiting for my mentor (I guess you can call her that since she's suppose to teach me all those SAP stuff). It was always like, "Farah, lepas ni you buat ini ye. Ok, I ajar you." Then she comes over and teaches me. Halfway through, someone came and told that they need her help. So she went to help, leaving me with half knowledge about what I'm suppose to do, which means that I couldn't complete the work until she comes back. And I don't want to be doing anything that I'm unsure of because then, it will get worse and my workload will increase. So, when she came back, she would go back to her place and continue with her work and have totally forgotten about me! I, being a very polite and stupid person, waited. I just thought that maybe her work is more urgent and I should wait a while before interrupting her. And then I interrupt her. And the cycle continues.

Normally, in my student years, I would never care if my balance sheets aren't balance. I would never go back and check my journal entries if there are any omissions or mistakes. I would just leave my unbalanced balance sheet with the debit credit differences of over 100,000. (That was how I scored B for my FAR. Terer kan?) But now, even a difference of MYR17.73 is a huge deal! Not because I cared at all, I would willingly donate that MYR17.73 out of my own pocket and carry on with my life. If Fresenius is my company, that's exactly what I'll do. But nooooooo, you'll have to look for that teeny bitchy bit of amount so that the balance sheet will have zero balance! I hate you balance sheet! This proves that I will never be eligible to open up my own accounting firms. All those unbalanced balance sheets.... Maybe, just maybe, I'll end up like Enron. Or Lehman Brothers.

Can't wait to see Seming & Aloyah tonight!

Happy new year, dear readers.

2 yakkety-yaks:

Maizatul Akma said...

hyy there, this is my first time coming here. nice belog :)

Haaaannah said...

Hye there maizatul akma! thanks! :)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting