Monday, March 19, 2012

The complexity of being a muslimah.

Often I wondered and asked myself, "Would things be a lot easier if I'm not wearing tudung?"

"Would people stop looking at me funny?"
"Would shop assistants be more friendly towards me?"
"Would people say 'excuse me' when I'm in their way on the streets, instead of just pushing me aside?"
"Would people stop looking down on me?"
"Would I be able to get a job easily?"
"What if I'm a guy, I could wear anything I want!"
"If I'm a guy, nobody would know if I'm a muslim, therefore people will not treat me how they usually treat a muslim."

Sometimes, I go "Why is it so hard being a muslimah?" "Why is life so hard for me, even when I'm doing what God tells me to do" (maybe sometimes not perfectly)

I asked a friend if it's berdosa to think those things,
She replied, "No, it's fine, I think it's normal, giving that we're living in the UK."

Maybe it's because I'm doing something wrong, somewhere.
Or maybe it's because I'm Asian? Haha.

To all of you out there, the tudung is just a piece of clothing that we wear daily, like you wear your jeans, or your hat or your scarf. Why would you treat me differently for wearing a tudung?





With tudung




Without tudung. Sama je kot?! Tak paham aku orang orang macam nih..

Lagi buruk ada lahh..



*Hair source : Kate Middleton & Katy Perry.





1 yakkety-yaks:

Anonymous said...

i loike the last hair..stylo gitew..haha..be patience, insyaAllah Jannah is waiting for u. Those people is narrow minded people, no need to care about them. Pity to them instead, for their stupidness n jahilness. Seek for Allah. May Allah enlighten u. Amin. -ramu-

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting